RE: [Full-Disclosure] Gates: 'You don't need perfect code' for good security

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresne_at_winternet.com)
Date: 11/03/03

    To: "Beaty, Bryan" <Bryan.Beaty@vector.com>
    Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:19:34 -0600 (CST)

            [SNIP]

    > I believe the #1 security threat today is poor patch management. Is that
    > Microsoft's fault?

    Yes, when it's a continuous cycled circle jerk. To maintain patches in a
    large org, requires understaffed personel to work pretty much fulltime and
    weekends at the rate holes are found in the main OS' pushed to the masses.

    Ask Paul about the lazy admin theory <smile>.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne
    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
            ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html