Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Gates: 'You don't need perfect code' for good security

From: Geoincidents (geoincidents_at_getinfo.org)
Date: 11/01/03

    To: "Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com>
    Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:37:38 -0500

    > So what is your solution for the folks that carry those USB keychain
    > memories? People carry those around with virus infected files and
    > plug them in to whatever machine they are sitting in front of. Had
    > people I never seen before try to plug them in to my hosts. "Just
    > wanted to read my email man"....

    Any virus there should be caught by your AV software. No different than a
    floppy or CD.

    Geo.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Gates: You dont need perfect code for good security
      ... People carry those around with virus infected files and ... > plug them in to whatever machine they are sitting in front of. ... Adjunct Information Security Officer ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Gates: You dont need perfect code for good security
      ... >> memories? ... People carry those around with virus infected files and ... >> plug them in to whatever machine they are sitting in front of. ... > Any virus there should be caught by your AV software. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Linux on Kayak
      ... adapters to plug it into my monitor yet, so it's just sitting there. ... I've been told Linux doesn't work very well with sound card ... modems. ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Re: Lesson learned the hard way...
      ... the camera over to DH and he does the rest. ... computer the other day, with me sitting here, so I know it's quick and ... So funny when you all say 'just plug it in and there you are' ... ... first lesson: where to plug in>gg< ...
      (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
    • Re: Startup stops,nothing works.
      ... remove the AC Plug from the power supply and leave ... it sitting for 30 minutes. ... - Then retry a boot. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)