Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft plans tighter security measures in Windows XP SP2

From: Kenton Smith (ksmith_at_chartwelltechnology.com)
Date: 11/01/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: 31 Oct 2003 16:51:22 -0700

    On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 16:27, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:00:28 MST, Kenton Smith <ksmith@chartwelltechnology.com> said:
    >
    > > Hopefully we can all agree that anything Microsoft can do to attempt to
    > > make it's O/S more secure is better than the way it is now.
    >
    > No. We can't.
    >
    > Consider the case of Microsoft letting Bozo the Clown do the design work and
    > the Three Stooges carrying out the implementation.

    I think you maybe got off on a tangent and forgot to explain why you
    answered no to my question.
    In reference to your anti-capitalist rant... In the last 2 weeks MS has
    had to re-release their Oct. 15 patches twice. In that time their stock
    price has dropped more than 10%. Could it be that shareholders are
    learning that MS needs to do something about their shoddy work?

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Fonts on latest version Windows XP Home Edition
      ... Thanks Carey...only problem still seems to be, with Microsoft Office (the ... original disc as supplied and verified)installed...the new typeface ... selections still seem to have been absorbed so I still can't ... > | computer which I used extensively for design work using the original list ...
    • Re: PLEASE FIX BROKEN IE6 AFTER TODAY"S UPDATES!!!
      ... Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Automatic Update will have detection logic built into them to only offer the revised update to those customers who either don't have MS06-015 or are having the problem." ... Also delete Internet Explorer's History. ... >> After installing the security updates today and yesterday on 200+ ... >> don't wait until 4 weeks from yesterday to re-release it. ...