RE: [Full-Disclosure] CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly

From: Choe.Sung Cont. PACAF CSS/SCHP (Sung.Choe_at_hickam.af.mil)
Date: 09/27/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:17:55 -0000

    > I think it might be more of a problem for Microsoft itself. How can you
    fix
    > the problems and still try to sell new versions to the public?

    Micro$oft's business model is not selling software that is (relatively)
    bug-free. Rather, they like bringing products to market ASAP, regardless of
    the security risks that these "products" pose to the consumer. If they were
    ever to release software that was free of such "problems", would they still
    be able to sell new versions to the public? I would think not...

    V/r,
    Sung J. Choe
    PACAF CSS/SCHP, PACAF NOSC
    Information Assurance Analyst