[Full-Disclosure] Administrivia: Patience

From: Len Rose (len_at_netsys.com)
Date: 07/22/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:25:56 -0400

    We're being forced to send this sort of message all too often
    and it's wearing thin on everyone (and for that we apologize).

    For those who have recently joined the list, please make sure
    that you actually read the List Charter located here:

    http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    Many of those who have recently joined the list do not seem
    to grasp the meaning and implication of an unmoderated list.

    It will require all of our patience to make this work, so
    please don't become part of the problem.

    Some helpful advice:

    If a message annoys you, if you are offended by the author
    of a particular message, or are otherwise inclined to
    make a public statement about "the state of things" in
    regards to the list, please do NOT share it with the list.

    Please do so directly to the person in question, and if
    you think it's important with the list admins whom can
    be reached at "full-disclosure-admin@lists.netsys.com".

    Please do not respond to people trolling for controversy,
    or who seemingly disregard the charter, we typically send
    out a dozen or so messages a day to those who may not have
    been aware of some of the guidelines that makes this list
    function smoothly.

    Thanks for your patience and understanding.

    Len

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: FREE Oracle 9i/10g Administration Made Simple (PDF, complete)
      ... Please post your spam somewhere else and apologize for your deliberate ... violation of the charter of this group. ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.server)
    • Re: oracle Report Writer Requirement
      ... violating the charter. ... Please apologize and restrict this type of message to ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.misc)
    • Re: "POSE & GO" Photography
      ... First of all, if I am out of line with this newsgroup in reference to this notice, I do apologize. ... This is against the charter of this group. ... Out of politeness he could have asked first, but that would have been inconvenient to his real intentions. ...
      (alt.photography)
    • Re: FreeBSD-newbies group is a compromise community.
      ... On Friday 19 March 2004 05:37 pm, Jamie wrote: ... because I know I should have read the charter. ... > apologize for upsetting your place here at freebsd-newbies. ...
      (freebsd-newbies)
    • Re: "POSE & GO" Photography
      ... First of all, if I am out of line with this newsgroup in reference to this notice, I do apologize. ... He posted a blatant advert for his site. ... This is against the charter of this group. ...
      (alt.photography)