Re: [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?

From: Justin Mason (jm_at_jmason.org)
Date: 07/21/03

    To: Pamela Patterson <ppatters@cbnco.com>
    Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:22:58 -0700

    Pamela Patterson writes:
    >On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 13:54, KF wrote:
    >> Has anyone noticed alot of spam coming in recently with pgp sigs
    >> attached? What would be the benefit of doing that?
    >
    >Spamassasin deducts a couple of points from the Spam Score of a message
    >if it's PGP signed. It wouln't surprise me if other spam filters do as
    >well.

    Yeah, it used to. Not any more, though, since it's being exploited.

    If you check, often those PGP sigs are the same cut-and-pasted string
    btw...

    --j.
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?
      ... > Has anyone noticed alot of spam coming in recently with pgp sigs ... Kresten Kjeldgaard aka Gathond ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?
      ... Has anyone noticed alot of spam coming in recently with pgp sigs ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?
      ... "negative" or "positive" points to PGP sigs. ... SPAM with a PGP signature? ... Sounds lame if you have to filter spam for a hundred people. ... can't you override SpamAssassin and tell it to ignore PGP ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?
      ... > Has anyone noticed alot of spam coming in recently with pgp sigs ... Spamassasin deducts a couple of points from the Spam Score of a message ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Cateye Game Bike
      ... I noticed alot of people here not motivated so since I believe in good ... health and fitness for everybody I was just passing it on. ... There is a health section in our ch.9 news with a Doctor who covered it. ... I hate to prolong this thread since the OP looks a lot like SPAM, ...
      (rec.bicycles.tech)