Re: [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?

From: Pamela Patterson (ppatters_at_cbnco.com)
Date: 07/21/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: 21 Jul 2003 14:40:44 -0400

    On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 13:54, KF wrote:
    > Has anyone noticed alot of spam coming in recently with pgp sigs
    > attached? What would be the benefit of doing that?

    Spamassasin deducts a couple of points from the Spam Score of a message
    if it's PGP signed. It wouln't surprise me if other spam filters do as
    well.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?
      ... > Has anyone noticed alot of spam coming in recently with pgp sigs ... Kresten Kjeldgaard aka Gathond ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?
      ... Has anyone noticed alot of spam coming in recently with pgp sigs ... Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?
      ... >> Has anyone noticed alot of spam coming in recently with pgp sigs ... >Spamassasin deducts a couple of points from the Spam Score of a message ... often those PGP sigs are the same cut-and-pasted string ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] SPAM with a PGP signature?
      ... "negative" or "positive" points to PGP sigs. ... SPAM with a PGP signature? ... Sounds lame if you have to filter spam for a hundred people. ... can't you override SpamAssassin and tell it to ignore PGP ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: FA; Posts in this group.
      ... | I have received a letter from my ISP accusing me of posting spam. ... While the Charter does not specifically prohibit "spam" the Charter was created back in ... Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing ... rec.outdoors.fishing All aspects of sport and commercial fishing. ...
      (rec.outdoors.fishing)