RE: [Full-Disclosure] Odd Behavior - Windows Messenger Service

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnja_at_LSS.hr)
Date: 07/19/03

    To: "'gregh'" <chows@ozemail.com.au>, "'Disclosure Full'" <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:07:50 +1200

    There are different levels of "open".

    > sensitive machine that has data on it that only those with
    > passwords can see when touching it's keyboard. The machine is
    > turned off for the day and someone wanting that sensitive
    > data who doesnt know the password to logon locally, an
    > employee, wants in. Supposing he can get into the office to
    > turn the machine on, that is all he has to do in order to
    > access the data.
    >
    > Dont tell me you dont see anything wrong with that?

    My english or understanding is probably way below this.

    And I believe you are mixing apples and .. Ummm .. Bananas.

    And what does that have to do with (quoting you): "the company next door and
    the people I know dont see a need for a virus program to protect THEIR A$200
    windows boxes so why should I shell out US$35 to protect my A$500,000 a year
    business ..."
    From your previous post?

    Allowing any access to sensitive machine and data is, obviously, wrong. But
    that has nothing to do with the original post in this thread (which was
    about puting a *default* installed machine on the network).

    Bojan Zdrnja

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Supreme Court Set To Take Our Hand Guns Away
      ... to be used suggest something other than just being ready to protect ... original post does seem a little more than ... just a gun owner who owns a gun for home/family protection. ... they dont have to know that. ...
      (rec.games.pinball)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Off topic rant to my friends
      ... I dunno if this is any worse than the many, ... went to a security conference users got insulted. ... SUSAN and BOB" were not good passwords. ... I do it to protect my company's investment. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: More SSH trolling
      ... > against the usage of secure passwords. ... SSH's encryption does protect effectively against ... "useless" since most attackers worldwide do not have the ability to ... standard security measures... ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: autolock a cell after entering value into it
      ... >>unlock all cells in the range first. ... >>Ypu will also need to protect your VBA project so no one can see the ... > Next, if users are clever enough to look in VBA modules to find passwords, ... > the BeforeClose event handler e-mail the current workday's attendance ...
    • RE: Repost: Re: User authentication over the web (was: Secure Password in database)
      ... Subject: Repost: Re: User authentication over the web ... >> makes passwords easy to steal; ... > But we do not want to protect passwords. ...
      (SecProg)