Re: [Full-Disclosure] Credit card numbers

From: Kristian Hermansen (this_is_kris_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/17/03

    To: <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:43:49 -0400

    There are many companies that still leave the full numbers on their receipts. I am going to give away a pretty big secret right now. If you have ever eaten at the "99 Restaurant" you will notice that they have the MOST sensitive information out of any company I have ever used my credit card at. Here's a list of what is on the receipt:

    1) Full CC# - nothing blanked out
    2) Full Name - just as it appears on the card
    3) Expiration date
    4) Customer signature (if they signed their copy)

    Now here's how to easily get them. When I was in high school I used to go there late on Friday and Saturday nights and snag all the receipts out of the "conveniently placed" trash receptacle right outside the front door. Friday and Saturday nights are the best because they usually have the most customers (at the bar, drunk people, etc...) Anyway, I have kept this pretty much a secret for a long time now and since we are on the topic and I don't exploit this anymore I figured I should make it public. There is even a way to get the CVV2 numbers from the back of the cards, but I will NOT tell you how to do that! If you check out the restaurant, I'm sure you will figure out how I got the CVV2 numbers as well. AND DON'T F**KING EMAIL ASKING HOW TO DO IT!!!

    Peace out...

    Kris
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: A Modest Proposal
      ... I wouldn't object to a reasonable expiration date, ... I have no objection to a restriction that the card only be used within ... surcharges if it's possible at all. ... number (instead of a local access number) and expiration if not used ...
      (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
    • Re: A Modest Proposal
      ... I wouldn't object to a reasonable expiration date, ... I have no objection to a restriction that the card only be used within ... surcharges if it's possible at all. ... number (instead of a local access number) and expiration if not used ...
      (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Hackers View Visa/MasterCard Accounts
      ... > expiration date. ... Taking into account that the batches are done sequentially, ... credit card numbers, and just use those stolen as seeds. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Oyster validity
      ... When you buy a new MetroCard, the expiration date is usually a bit over a year away. ... the remaining balance can be transferred to a new card at any station booth or MetroCard Vending Machine until two years after the expiration date. ... If you're an infrequent visitor to New York, I suppose that means that you should try to use up your balance before you leave New York. ...
      (uk.transport.london)
    • Re: OT: Another massive credit card theft
      ... The card's expiration date is basically part of the number. ... This is how they can renew your card every 2 years and not ... For electronic POS authorizations, the bank can block the new card if it ...
      (comp.os.vms)