Re: [Full-Disclosure] Does your IE6 crash with these "URLs"?

From: Troy (th_at_zeno.com)
Date: 07/17/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:06:30 -0700

    On 17 Jul 2003 17:57:16 +0200, Martin <nakal@web.de> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a question. I would like to know, if you can also crash
    > IE6, when typing the following "URL":
    >
    > ftp*://?

    Neat. Windows 2000, IE build 6.0.2800.1106 reproduces this. I *just*
    went to Windows Update. All patches are installed. The only things left
    to install at WU are the .NET framework, DX9, and Media Player 9.

    I tried the sample code and made a simpler, non-Java version using a
    redirect.

    <HTML><HEAD>
    </BODY></HTML>

    Fortunately, OE isn't stupid enough to launch the URL automatically if I
    open an HTML message with that source, but I wonder about other
    HTML-capable news readers.

    --
    Troy
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.