Re: [Full-Disclosure] Sintraq - no traffic?

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoar_at_thievco.com)
Date: 07/13/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:13:16 -0700

    Blue Boar wrote:
    > I got a majordomo confirmation about 10 hours after submitting on the
    > web form. I also got a note (strangely, after I confirmed) that said it
    > was a closed list, meaning that subs had to be approved by the moderator.

    Had a question about this off-list. Here's the note I got:

    -------
    Your request to majordomo@sintelli.net:

            subscribe sintraq ryan@thievco.com

    has been forwarded to the owner of the "sintraq" list for approval.
    This could be for any of several reasons:

         You might have asked to subscribe to a "closed" list, where all new
            additions must be approved by the list owner.

         You might have asked to subscribe or unsubscribe an address other than
            the one that appears in the headers of your mail message.
    -------

    I had ASSumed it was a closed list when I skimmed the note. However, I did
    respond to the approval note to ryan@thievco.com, from
    blueboar@thievco.com. So, it's my fault, as indicated in the note I got.
    Also explains why I got it after I sent in my approval note.

    Just wanted to clarify, didn't mean to accuse anyone of unclueful list
    moderation.

                                            BB

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html