Re: [Full-Disclosure] Sintraq - no traffic?

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoar_at_thievco.com)
Date: 07/13/03

    To: Kurt Seifried <listuser@seifried.org>
    Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:07:52 -0700

    Kurt Seifried wrote:
    > I've been signed up for it for ~24 hours now. no traffic. Of course I'm not
    > sure that I'm properly signed up, they have a web form you plug your email
    > into and that's it. No confirmation email, no welcome message, in fact no
    > traffic at all.

    I got a majordomo confirmation about 10 hours after submitting on the web
    form. I also got a note (strangely, after I confirmed) that said it was a
    closed list, meaning that subs had to be approved by the moderator.

    I've received 10 posts since then. They seem to be more-or-less as
    advertised. Content is roughly similar to the public vulnerability
    database from SecurityFocus.

    > This is either a scam to collect email addresses or a VERY poorly run
    > mailing list from a company that is trying to wear a big set of boots. Or
    > they have a broken subscription engine. In any event "A-" for marketing
    > effort and "F-" for execution.

    One gets the impression that they might be a bit low on resources at them
    moment. People or equipment, I can't tell.

                                            BB

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: adding confirmation page
      ... Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ... | .Open your Web form page. ... and then click the Confirmation page tab. ... | those are the instructions that l keep getting....the problem is after l ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
    • Re: IE automation
      ... > webpage in MHTML format. ... > Local lcFile ... >>I tried to fill up a web form with IE automation. ... I cannot figure out how to hit okay on confirmation ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
    • adding confirmation page
      ... for a while now l've been trying to add a custon confirmation page to my web site. ... lm using frontpage 2002 and when l try to follow the instructions to adding that page to my form lm finding that lm having problems ass follows:- ... .Open your Web form page. ... and then click the Confirmation page tab. ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
    • IE automation
      ... I tried to fill up a web form with IE automation. ... a pop up window asked for ... I cannot figure out how to hit okay on confirmation ... popup-window by using script. ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
    • =?ISO-2022-JP?B?UmU6IFJlYWRpbmcgb2YgGyRCPXc6VztKGyhC?=
      ... The kanji and meaning are valid - e.g. it appears in many ... but says Waite tarot's "the high priestess" is usually ... and usuallt called 女祭司. ...
      (sci.lang.japan)