Re: [Full-Disclosure] Does the Windows AUX bug affect Web servers also?

From: morning_wood (se_cur_ity_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/10/03

    To: "Matthew Murphy" <mattmurphy@kc.rr.com>, "Full Disclosure" <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>
    Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:14:42 -0700

    > "Richard Smith" writes:
    > > Is it possible to also crash a Web server hosted on a Windows box
    using
    > > a URL something like:
    > >
    > > http://www.somebody.com/aux

    without referencing my books, i recall protected filenames being..
    AUX, PRN, COMx As well, under win9x making a folder named
    c:\program will open that folder upon windows startup on the desktop.

    my2bits?

    morning_wood
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Sony PRS-500 Reader
      ... from Sony that they would be released here before the end of 2007. ... The content providers license the books on a territory ... I registered the Reader online). ... another program for Windows called Rasterfarian that'll make the fonts ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)
    • Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application
      ... I said I'd play the bad guy - I didn't say I'd outright lie about it. ... I have enough valid licenses for Windows than I'll ever be able to ... activation and I've even had times when WGA has told me that my copy ... Take the sharing of books. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Win32? MFC? .NET? What to use for embedded dev?
      ... mine) I see no real advantage to buying into any of the Windows programming ... recommend some good current Windows C++ programming books (for Win32, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
    • Re: Browser
      ... FreeBSD has quite a few Browsers you can use, and I know it's probably a ... you started using FreeBSD, but most likely, it was either Windows or ... I use Opera and Seamonkey in Windows, ... the Books Section. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Matlab vs. VBA
      ... Books can and have been written about the merits and limitations of all of Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, VBA, and MATLAB. ... The first is the MATLAB and Simulink Based Books page, which includes descriptions of over 1200 books that make use of MATLAB and/or Simulink in various ways. ...
      (comp.soft-sys.matlab)