Re: [Full-Disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug

From: madsaxon (madsaxon_at_direcway.com)
Date: 07/08/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:31:03 -0500

    At 07:04 PM 7/8/03 +0200, Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:

    >Could it be that the computers of the people who told us "no problems"
    >
    >1. don't have a serial port,
    >2. don't have a COM1,
    >3. have a mouse on COM1,
    >4. have the debugger (WinDBG) on COM1, or
    >5. don't have a "real" COM1 but only a virtual one (for example, COM1
    > is a virtual device of the bluetooth device)?
    >
    >That could explain why there are not freezes.

    My system does not freeze or experience any problem with this
    issue, other than displaying "File not found."

    It's a desktop, running XP Home 2002 SP1, 1.7 GHz Celeron, 256 MB
    RAM. It has one serial port, one parallel, and two USB. My
    optical mouse is connected to the PS/2 port. Neither of
    the com ports are in use.

    m5x

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: New-bus unit wiring via hints..
      ... to ensure ACPI kept sio0 as COM1, ... COM1 is at 0x3f8 is wrong, and to use a different, yet again arbitrary ... Just as long as we ship a hints file to keep us old ... port should be at 0x3f8, and the second serial port should be at 0x2f8, then ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: Mapping ports in emulator - PPC is deaf - addendum!
      ... configuration. ... Inside the emulator, serial port 0 is known as COM1:. ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
    • Re: Unable to open Serial Port
      ... What exactly is "showing COM1 is available"? ... Did you look in the registry? ... Actually tobey suggested that by just adding the support for serial port ... catalog view doesn't actually give you a serial port on the target device ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
    • Re: Amstrad 1512 HD20
      ... slave program via serial port first to start the process. ... you most likely you will need 25D female to 9D female plug on ... COM1 or COM2 and press Enter. ... The INTERSVR program will copy itself to the host machine. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic)
    • Re: Headless Device
      ... I want to know How I should see the COM1 outputs!!! ... > debug serial port). ... > The remote console has nothing to do with the debug serial port: ... I want to know how to redirect all the input and output to a serial ...