Re: [Full-Disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug

From: Sebastian Niehaus (killedbythoughts_at_mindcrime.net)
Date: 07/08/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: 08 Jul 2003 11:49:13 +0200

    Brett Hutley <brett@hutley.net> writes:

    > > If you enter C:\aux in the adressline of the IE (not EXPLORER,
    > > InternetExplorer) and hit enter, the window will freeze. This bug
    > > is simmilar to C:\con\con
    >
    > The problem seems to be related to whether you have permissions to
    > access the AUX device or not. I couldn't freeze explorer on my notebook
    > where I don't have permissions to the aux device, but could on a
    > co-workers machine in which we could access the aux device from the
    > command line.

    Which factors (default install?) influence the users permissions on
    the aux-device?

    Sebastian

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug
      ... the window will freeze. ... The problem seems to be related to whether you have permissions to ... access the AUX device or not. ... I couldn't freeze explorer on my notebook ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: "READ_BIG timed out" errors on acd0
      ... cd0: cd present ... I granted write permissions across the board for /dev/cd0 but that didn't fix it. ... perm xpt0 0666 ... Grip loads up but seems to freeze for several moments at a time... ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug
      ... the window will freeze. ... > access the AUX device or not. ... don't have a serial port, ... don't have a COM1, ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: diagnosing os freezes?
      ... and not during the freeze. ... > The machine wide Default Launch and Activation security descriptor is ... > invalid. ... It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are ...