Re: [Full-Disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug

From: Brett Hutley (brett_at_hutley.net)
Date: 07/08/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:42:30 +1000

    > If you enter C:\aux in the adressline of the IE (not EXPLORER,
    > InternetExplorer) and hit enter, the window will freeze. This bug
    > is simmilar to C:\con\con

    The problem seems to be related to whether you have permissions to
    access the AUX device or not. I couldn't freeze explorer on my notebook
    where I don't have permissions to the aux device, but could on a
    co-workers machine in which we could access the aux device from the
    command line.

    --
    Brett Hutley [MAppFin,CISSP,SANS GCIH]
    mailto:brett@hutley.net