Re: [Full-Disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug

From: Brett Hutley (brett_at_hutley.net)
Date: 07/08/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:42:30 +1000

    > If you enter C:\aux in the adressline of the IE (not EXPLORER,
    > InternetExplorer) and hit enter, the window will freeze. This bug
    > is simmilar to C:\con\con

    The problem seems to be related to whether you have permissions to
    access the AUX device or not. I couldn't freeze explorer on my notebook
    where I don't have permissions to the aux device, but could on a
    co-workers machine in which we could access the aux device from the
    command line.

    --
    Brett Hutley [MAppFin,CISSP,SANS GCIH]
    mailto:brett@hutley.net

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug
      ... the window will freeze. ... This bug ... > The problem seems to be related to whether you have permissions to ... > access the AUX device or not. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug
      ... the window will freeze. ... > access the AUX device or not. ... don't have a serial port, ... don't have a COM1, ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: VS2005 Security Settings/Trust
      ... >What is happening is that copying a file, say an icon, into the ... >projects folder is taking several minutes during which VS2005 ... >and Explorer both freeze and are shown as 'Not Responding' ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
    • Windows Explorer Freezing
      ... This problem first started a few days ago, and has been happening more and ... Explorer will freeze while I'm opening ... Once the Explorer window freezes, all I can do is turn the ...
    • Re: Xp crash
      ... You need to decide whether you have a freeze or a crash? ... freeze is when the computer becomes unresponsive to keyboard or mouse. ... Try Ctrl+Alt+Delete to select Task Manager and click the Performance ... Explorer is a better tool. ...