Re: [Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Windows Messenger Popup Spam on UDP Port 1026

From: Dietmar Goldbeck (dietmar.goldbeck_at_acm.org)
Date: 06/21/03

    To: General DShield Discussion List <list@dshield.org>
    Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:41:18 +0200

    On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 01:14:25PM -0400, Johannes Ullrich wrote:
    > Well, blocking port 1026 is probably not such a great idea. But
    > why would a non-windows user suffer if port 135-139 & 445 is blocked?

    I really don't want my ISP to disallow the use of Samba across
    Internet connections. If i have to serve documents to windows users,
    why not?

    (of course i would prefer samba over a vpn, or some other encrypted
    file transfer protocol like sftp or webDAV/https).

    If ISPs start blocking ports, i would vote for tcp/25.
    People should not be allowed to run smtp servers, unless
    they have proven knowledge in the relevant RFCs. :-))

      Ciao
       Dietmar

    --
     Alles Gute / best wishes