Re: [Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Windows Messenger Popup Spam on UDP Port 1026

From: Dietmar Goldbeck (dietmar.goldbeck_at_acm.org)
Date: 06/21/03

    To: General DShield Discussion List <list@dshield.org>
    Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:41:18 +0200

    On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 01:14:25PM -0400, Johannes Ullrich wrote:
    > Well, blocking port 1026 is probably not such a great idea. But
    > why would a non-windows user suffer if port 135-139 & 445 is blocked?

    I really don't want my ISP to disallow the use of Samba across
    Internet connections. If i have to serve documents to windows users,
    why not?

    (of course i would prefer samba over a vpn, or some other encrypted
    file transfer protocol like sftp or webDAV/https).

    If ISPs start blocking ports, i would vote for tcp/25.
    People should not be allowed to run smtp servers, unless
    they have proven knowledge in the relevant RFCs. :-))

      Ciao
       Dietmar

    --
     Alles Gute / best wishes
         Dietmar Goldbeck         E-Mail: dietmar.goldbeck@acm.org

    • Re: Port 25 blocked ?
      ... Actually Brian, many ISPs are blocking port 25 to anything other than their mail server. ... > Is it possible that my i ISP block port 25 for outgoing smtp traffic. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: ISP blocking port 80
      ... >If my ISP blocking port 80 and all other ports, ... Many ISPs started blocking port 80 to their customer's sites on ... Instead of giving money to found colleges to promote learning, ... they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: cant send e-mails with exchange
      ... The next step is to call your ISP and determine if they are blocking port 25 ... >> Windows IP Configuration ... >> Ethernet adapter Server Local Area Connection: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: OE Question Now
      ... ray wrote: ... The intention is that they will send the email via that domain, ... blocking port 25 for anything other than it's own hosted domains. ... get the ISP to set up a mail relay for your domain ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)