Re: [Full-Disclosure] Zone Alarm

From: Stephane Nasdrovisky (stephane.nasdrovisky_at_uniway.be)
Date: 06/13/03

    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:30:37 +0200

    Squid (and probably others) can filter accesses based on the user agent.
    Some network firewall (as opposed to personal ones) can be configured to filter accesses based on the user agent header.

    As you know, every peace of software trying to access internet through a proxy advertise its flavour using the user agent header, and the user agent header is very hard to spoof :-)

    Never heard of studip answers on mailinglists, did you? :-)

    > >> Zone alarm and other Windows based Software Firewalls can block
    > >> network access for programs.
    > >> A HW firewall can only block a whole machine but can't denied access for one software
    > > Never heard about proxies, did you? :-)
    > If proxies can now distinguish which program redirects via them, I
    > would be interested to hear how...

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Zone Alarm
      ... > Some network firewall can be configured to filter accesses based on the user agent header. ... You can connect to an http server will telnet and do ... is trusting the client for information, well you make the client give ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Cookies dissapearing.....IP number has expired?
      ... shortcut. ... Shoulda tried before I posted. ... that I omitted the User Agent header when I was in Pan because it was ...
      (alt.2600)
    • Set user agent header with webrequest
      ... to be throwing an error when it doesn't recognise the user agent. ... Windows NT 5.1;)") ... What's the correct way to set the User Agent header? ...