AW: [Full-Disclosure] Zone Alarm

From: Michael Linke (ml_at_intract.org)
Date: 06/04/03

    Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:37:50 +0200

    There is one big benefit, which no hardware router can bring you. Zone alarm
    and other Windows based Software Firewalls can block network access for
    programs. A HW firewall can only block a whole machine but can't denied
    access for one software and allow access for another software on the same
    machine.

    intract - any business anywhere
    Michael Linke
    Netzwerkadministrator
    Heilbronnerstr. 50
    D-73728 Esslingen
    Germany
    Phone : +49 384 16297 50
    Fax     : +49 711 35152 89
    mobile : +49 178 51 52 959
    e-mail  : ml@intract.org
    ICQ : 141033973
    webside:   http://www.intract.org

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Zone Alarm
      ... > and other Windows based Software Firewalls can block network access for ... "Ein volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Zone Alarm
      ... >> Zone alarm and other Windows based Software Firewalls can block ... If proxies can now distinguish which program redirects via them, ...
      (Full-Disclosure)