RE: [Full-Disclosure] Slow Internet?

From: Ed Carp (erc_at_pobox.com)
Date: 05/02/03

    To: "Jonathan Grotegut" <jgrotegut@directpointe.com>, <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:05:26 -0500

    > Anyone else having issues on the net? Ours is really slow, on trace
    > routes it looks like it is dieing around the Level 3 backbone. Anyone
    > else with the same issues? Does anyone know what is going on?

    http://www1.internetpulse.net/ says it looks OK
    http://average.matrix.net/index.html looks OK
    http://ipnetwork.bgtmo.ip.att.net/delay_and_loss.shtml OK
    http://sla.cw.net/index.jsp OK
    http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm OK

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • [Full-Disclosure] Slow Internet?
      ... Ours is really slow, on trace ... routes it looks like it is dieing around the Level 3 backbone. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: linux.bkbits.net downQ?=
      ... > That included changing the routes in the backbone. ... > think of is that your part of the backbone does not have a route for us. ... I can't traceroute behind NAT firewall but I can ping it no problems: ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: linux.bkbits.net downQ?=
      ... >> That included changing the routes in the backbone. ... >> think of is that your part of the backbone does not have a route for us. ... > I can't traceroute behind NAT firewall but I can ping it no problems: ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: rats
      ... Disrupt their paths - rats use regular routes (you may be able to trace the slight depressions in the vegetation). ... Trace back to their nestand disrupt/destroy nest. ...
      (uk.rec.birdwatching)
    • Re: linux.bkbits.net down?
      ... bkbits is definitely up but we did switch T1 providers recently. ... That included changing the routes in the backbone. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)