RE: [Full-Disclosure] FW: FEEDBACK: Testing Microsoft and the DMCA

From: Schmehl, Paul L (
Date: 04/21/03

    From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <>
    To: <>, "Charles Sprickman" <>
    Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:00:59 -0500

    According to this article: 1) He has defense attorneys and 2) a federal
    judge has ruled that he is being lawfully detained. Since those are the
    only facts we have, it's not possible to make a judgment about whether
    his detention is some sort of violation of the constitution or not.
    Given that, I think it's premature to make any judgments at all about
    his situation. Just because *you* think it's wrong, doesn't make it

    Besides, if it turns out that his rights were violated, he has every
    right to sue the government and obtain compensation for unlawful
    > The ACLU on the Patriot Act:
    >> m?ID=12126&c=207
    I have a clear bias against the ACLU, so I'll refrain from commenting on

    Paul Schmehl (
    Adjunct Information Security Officer
    The University of Texas at Dallas
    AVIEN Founding Member