RE : MCAFEE E-MAIL SCAN ALERT!~[FULL-DISCLOSURE] FWD: INTERNET S

From: Larry Sanders (lsanders@ittc.ku.edu)
Date: 04/09/03

    From: Larry Sanders <lsanders@ittc.ku.edu>
    To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com
    Date: 09 Apr 2003 10:21:11 +0000

    On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 08:45, Nicolas Villatte Wrote:
    > So you did it on purpose. Spreading unsolicited virus may be
    > considered a crime in many countries. I think you should better
    >
    > - expose your problem without sending the virus to a whole
    > community (send it only if anyone is interested in helping you
    > and is asking for it)
    > - update your antivirus software more often
    > - try some reverse engineering on the suspected file

    I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry, I know I'm just contributing to the
    "noise" now in this flame war, but I have to say it.

    If you don't want to recieve _nasty_ things, unsubscribe! A security
    list (and one titled "Full Disclosure" at that) is gong to recieve virii
    - duh! It's also going to contain other vulnabilities. When someone
    includes a "example" of a buffer overflow in opera via a html link - do
    you also complain? Come on people. Some people even _like_ looking at
    virii.

    Oh, and don't even get me started on those people that so generously let
    us know that a virus has been detected - great, thanks, I'm so glad I
    know now.....

    And... whitelist _isn't_ the way to go.

    /rant

    Whew.