Re: [Full-Disclosure] [RHSA-2003:088-01] New kernel 2.2 packages fix vulnerabilities

From: Michael Boman (michael.boman@securecirt.com)
Date: 03/25/03

    From: Michael Boman <michael.boman@securecirt.com>
    To: John.Airey@rnib.org.uk
    Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:45:26 +0800

    On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 09:25:40AM -0000, John.Airey@rnib.org.uk wrote:
    > Mark Cox of Red Hat sent out a message just before Christmas (19/12/02)
    > giving the following expiry dates for support of different versions of their
    > product:
    >
    > Red Hat Linux 8.0 (Psyche) December 31, 2003
    > Red Hat Linux 7.3 (Valhalla) December 31, 2003
    > Red Hat Linux 7.2 (Enigma) December 31, 2003
    > Red Hat Linux 7.1 (Seawolf) December 31, 2003
    > Red Hat Linux 7.0 (Guinness) March 31, 2003
    > Red Hat Linux 6.2 (Zoot) March 31, 2003

    If these dates are correct, they should provide a updated kernel for
    sparc, as atleast on my calendar is the 25th March and sparc shouldn't
    expire for another couple of days. True, it's within a couple of days
    but they should be true to their word.

    Best regards
     Michael Boman

    PS
     Personally I have given up on RH long time ago, I choose other distro's
     that doesn't expire their products as soon as the next best thing
     has arrived. It is not always possible to update your systems as there
     is other things that depends on them. I have a Solaris 2.6 box (even
     if 9 is out already, and can be downloaded for free for that matter)
     just because it is not possible to upgrade those machines.
    DS

    --
    Michael Boman
    Security Architect, SecureCiRT Pte Ltd