Re: [Full-Disclosure] Security Certifications

From: Leo Security (security@fastmail.fm)
Date: 03/09/03

    From: Leo Security <security@fastmail.fm>
    To: Rizwan Ali Khan <rizwanalikhan74@yahoo.com>, full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com, security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 19:19:22 -0500

    I have checked the content and syllabi of most of the subjects offered
    for these certs and was disappointed. They are a waste of time. My
    advice will be to use your time for the deep study of operating systems.
    That would make you a better security analyst. Most employers have had
    it with certs and do not give much importance to it any more.
    Certifications were hot untill 2000. There value is going downhill since
    then.

    I would only go for certs if my employer requires it and pays me for it.
    I will never like to spend my own money on certs.

    Thats my opinion.

    regards
    Leo