Re: [Full-Disclosure] Security Certifications

From: Laurent LEVIER (llevier@argosnet.com)
Date: 03/07/03

    To: Rizwan Ali Khan <rizwanalikhan74@yahoo.com>, full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com, security-basics@securityfocus.com, certification@securityfocus.com
    From: Laurent LEVIER <llevier@argosnet.com>
    Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:25:36 +0100

    Rizwan,

    The official site http://www.isc2.org will give you details about exam,
    advises, locations for exam sessions with dates, ...

    You can also glance at: http://www.ccure.org, http://www.cissps.com to have
    user's feedbacks about CBK, books, ...

    Brgrds

    At 07:23 07/03/2003, Rizwan Ali Khan wrote:
    >I have heard of CISA and CISSP as Security Certifications, but could
    >someone shed some light and give information about the governing bodies of
    >the following Certifications, and where to get their suggested training
    >material/ books etc.
    >
    >And if it is possible to give their exams from Pakistan?
    >

    >BS7799/ISO7799 lead auditor
    >Prince 2
    >SSCP
    >CISM
    >CISMP
    >TCSEC
    >SCP

    >Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
    >http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    >Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    >Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    Laurent LEVIER
    IT Systems & Networks Security Expert

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Question on which books to study with?
      ... I have found the Microsoft Curriculum excellent for the test objectives, and you may have luch there. ... Using the books to study the material where I was weak. ... > about shadow copies and dymanic disks, which may not even be on the> exam. ... >>> I've read bad opinions about the microsoft self paced training kit ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Re: Just passed 70-320 - and here is my feedback
      ... i previously took the c# web apps one, ... the books and not doing any practical devleopment work .. ... my method for passing this exam was ... and didnt have a proper strategy first time through) ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
    • Re: Classroom vs Self Study
      ... your home lab. ... Most of the exam books have work along labs. ... excellent job of teaching you Windows 2003. ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Re: Good book for 70-300
      ... should read them after completing Main books, ... exam as they contain important points/topics in a condensed manner. ... Right now I'm reading Enterprise Development with Visual Studio .NET, UML, ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
    • Re: theoretical PPL material
      ... >>I'm looking to get the PPL coursework. ... What is the cheapest I can get>>it for, or is anybody trying to get rid of second hand? ... > The Trevor Thom books are probably the standard thing to get; the CAA> exam material uses terminology which is based on the way these books> are written - or vice versa; it doesn't really matter but a lot of the> stuff is playing with words so you need the "right" study material. ...
      (uk.rec.aviation)