[Full-Disclosure] Local Root Exploit

From: Lupe Christoph (full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com)
Date: 08/10/02

From: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com (Lupe Christoph)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:18:00 +0200

On Saturday, 2002-08-10 at 02:53:14 -0400, John wrote:
> As long as he found the bug and coded a proof of concept for the bug then
> why shouldn't he be able to spit out what he likes?

Because it makes it easier for people to discount his stuff as
childish. They might not look at it at all, leaving gaping holes wide
open for people who *do* believe in Gobbles who might wear black hats.

Lupe Christoph

PS: I skip his mails, but then I don't have to plug any holes.

--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a      |

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Media Center for Vista - "IR Hardware Not Detected"
    ... plug connector in place of the IR blaster cable and it found the IR Hardware ... that you really do have the IR bug plugged in. ... bug into the receiver socket. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Jetronic help needed - Speedy Jim?
    ... Pull plug leads off, one at a time and see if revs drop ... Spray solvent all around the hoses to look for leaks; ... Bus used same system as your bug. ... ..It's reassuring to see that you're just as speedy and helpful as ...
    (rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled)
  • Re: Straight out of the box my 14" ibook has a bug.
    ... Straight out of the box my 14" ibook has a bug. ... Whenever I use the AV plug with headphones the screen flashes grey, some kind of power surge happens and weird things happen to the OS and DVD player. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Digital Stream DTV converter failed
    ... board, plus grounds, by that plug. ... So, the voltages are correct. ... I found a dried up bug inside of it. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Free Music, Games, Dating and much more...
    ... Rich Brown wrote: ... Bug his upstream 'till they can him ... They were told it was because of him and they pulled his plug and service quickly resumed. ...
    (rec.music.filk)