[Full-Disclosure] Re: Announcing new security mailing list

From: martin f krafft (full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com)
Date: 07/13/02

From: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com (martin f krafft)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 18:53:56 +0200

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

also sprach Ron DuFresne <dufresne@winternet.com> [2002.07.11.2010 +0200]:
> > BTW, spewing "[full-disclosure]" into the subject line is a very annoyi=
ng
> > thing for a list to do.
> >
>=20
> Actually, it makes it quite easy for procmail recipies and certain mail
> readers to filter and categorize the messages.

there are many other headers one may use. e.g., i use:
       =20
  * ^List-Id:.*full-disclosure\.lists\.netsys\.com

i do consider [Full-Disclosure] in the subject line rather annoying
because it wastes valuable subject space. good mailing lists have
subject lines that allow the pre-elimination of anything that doesn't
concern one. especially if it's high traffic, this is something more
than necessary. i vote to take the subject prefix off.

it would also be nice to have received headers cut off when the
listprocessor starts its job on such a public mailing list.

--=20
martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck
 =20
wind catches lily,
scattering petals to the ground.
segmentation fault.

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--

Relevant Pages

  • Re: changing subject of this list?
    ... A very effective method of filtering is to look for the List-ID: header. ... Mailing lists should nowadays include a List-ID: ... be able to filter on arbitrary mail headers without too much trouble. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: favor
    ... TM> posts to it, but questions has always been left open for posting. ... most mailing lists would not be able to function ... TM> For a mailing list, it's archives are part and parcel of the forum, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: thunderbird -> kmail
    ... how is it easier to filter on mailing lists in Kmail ... You can filter on any header you want by selecting "Customize" from the drop-down box of fields in the filtering tool. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • This is simply amazing......
    ... Here is a chance to get a good bit of money with no costs ... Follow the instructions carefully and you can see how ... income when you sell the mailing lists. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses
    ... Of course my real email will get spam because jacob is ... email that went out to usenet or mailing lists. ... > come from a server with reverse DNS of murphy.debian.org). ...
    (Debian-User)