Re: periodic security run output gives false positives after 1 year

On 17 February 2012 19:04, Roger Marquis <marquis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sergey Kandaurov wrote:

In IETF this RFC is marked obsolete and replaced with RFC 5424 with
different timestamp format in ISO 8601 form. FreeBSD doesn't implement
5424 yet. Almost complete implementation was done in NetBSD in that
regard in 2008. NetBSD before RFC 5424 changes has had pretty similar
syslogd source, so if one could analyze and port that changes to FreeBSD,
that would be pretty nice.

Problem with that would be backwards compatibility, and it's not IMO
worth breaking everyone's syslog parsing scripts to fix an issue that
really isn't due to the date format as much as it is to log rotation.

That is not a showstopper. Nothing prevents to merge both formats in one
daemon and introduce a new syslogd option to choose the desired format.

--
wbr,
pluknet

  • Re: Tab indentions on different platforms?
    ... I really recommend that anyone following this thread read the RFC. ... Unicode, before extended ASCII character sets, before Postscript, before ... Format 1 ... for indents, and significant disadvantages. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: #550 5.1.3 STOREDRV.Submit; invalid recipient address #SMTP#
    ... According to RFC 2822, the local-part cannot have a period before the @ symbol unless you're using quoted strings. ... The format of the recipient's e-mail address isn't valid. ... The format of the recipient e-mail address is not valid. ... Verify that the SMTP address of the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: strtotime bug?
    ... the following would all be valid (RFC 2822): ... Using civilian timezone identifiers (obsolete format for RFC 2822): ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Clients using a GUI to access FTP
    ... The UNIX "ls" format ... VMS engineers could update the FTP server to produce such output ... But until the format of the LIST command output is defined in the RFC, ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: FAQ Topic - How do I format a date with javascript? (2009-06-01)
    ... A man from India recently informed me the the format I wrote was European after presenting a form with an Extended Date Format. ... ISO 9075 says its used in SQL. ... The existence of RFC 3339 means that there is a format that is intended for use on the web. ... I prefer consistency with lists - either all items are sentences or no items are sentences. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)