Re: ftpd security issue ?

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM, <gabor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are the following steps enough to prevent me?

# for user in user1 user2 .... ; do
mkdir -p ~$user/lib ~$user/usr/lib ~$user/etc
chflags sunlink,schg ~$user/lib ~$user/usr ~$user/usr/lib ~$user/etc

Yes that should be sufficient workaround.

Xin LI <delphij@xxxxxxxxxxx>
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve! Live free or die
freebsd-security@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list

  • Re: OT - Live Free or Die
    ... The following is adapted from a lecture delivered at Hillsdale College on ... Hampshire's great hero of the Revolutionary War: "Live free or die!" ... My book America Alone is often assumed to be about radical Islam, ...
  • Re: Evolution - 1990s Fastest Serves
    ... One must have sufficient power but beyond that the ... So I'd say the key element of the serve ... Compared to Martin...or almost any pro, ... Most tourney players know this. ...
  • Re: would like to know the true origin of this quote
    ... "To be born free is accidental, To live free is a privilege, To die free ... be born free is an accident. ...
  • Re: The Guardian Paradox
    ... longer serve in preparation for election of the Universal House of ... Power and respect are two different things. ... But obviously you don't know what the word 'coup' means. ... most of the Hands were not Custodians. ...
  • Re: How did all these laws get passed?
    ... women generally don't serve men's interests. ... Women don't have any power on their own. ... Natural Tendency 1. ... would violate NT2. ...