Re: Latest bind advisory

On 11/17/2011 9:29 PM, sys Admin wrote:
Hi
Any plans to apply these patches to the bind version shipped with FreeBSD ?

http://www.isc.org/software/bind/advisories/cve-2011-tbd

Hi,
They were committed already to RELENG_7,8 and 9

eg
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-stable-8/2011-November/006315.html

---Mike

  • Re: dns update for 7.0
    ... What's the process to update the base bind in freebsd for the new ... I'm running freebsd 7.0-RELEASE-p2 and I am using the included base ... You don't need to overwrite the base system bind -- the vulnerability ... The patches ISC have produced will have an adverse effect if you're answering something in excess of 10,000 DNS queries a second, which is rather more than most people would get to deal with, but are otherwise innocuous. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Latest bind advisory
    ... Any plans to apply these patches to the bind version shipped with FreeBSD? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Future plans for BIND versions in the base, and DNSSEC readiness
    ... FreeBSD, list my plans for the future, and solicit comments from the ... In the past release policies for both FreeBSD and BIND have been ... ISC's policy on Extended Support Versions at ... The upcoming DNSSEC signing of the root zone will ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: The Register: OpenVMS among most-secure of operating systems
    ... >> that use that OpenSource component including HP with OpenVMS. ... Multinet have released patches for general vunerabilites ... Bind, SSH etc all fall into this category. ... that this specific vunerability does not impact OpenVMS ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: BIND update?
    ... or criticism with a positive approach. ... the fact that DNS ... the BIND installation in the base is not intended to ... security advisories to write, FreeBSD ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)