Re: Malloc -Z

On 7/27/11, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In message <CAF3EE36-98E2-4265-A1C9-DA9671AB89C5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean
writes:

It's been part of the language standard for over 20 years now, [...]

Much longer, it's specifically mentioned in the old testament.

You are referring to this, perhaps?:

Isaiah 26:14
They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not
rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all
their memory to perish.

Were you the one who chipped that into one of the tablets?

b.

  • Re: Any Christian Electronic Designers Here?
    ... I don't have the original writings of Isaiah that he wrote himself. ... references to the Old Testament scriptures about him including Isaiah. ... You need to come to your own opinion. ... Many NT writings about Jesus reference OT Scripture. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Messalina says Elvis was a pervert?
    ... Since one of the only two parties who could possibly know this is dead, ... because another dubious corroborator is dead? ... I'm assuming you're referring to Elvis himself. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: Blue Burgers
    ... > The use of the present tense is quite commen when referring to matters ... A dead man standing amongst dead men, ... but not of a flea bitten grunting cave dweller? ... early French artists and instinctively know to not respect them. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Fun toy to have
    ... What drop dead date on XP are you referring to? ... version you are referring to was called Server 2000, ... Drivers can be an issue, ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: thoughts on Jesus
    ... alwaysaskingquestions went clickity clack on the keyboard and produced this interesting bit of text: ... What it can say is that dead people stay dead, ... scientists to cut bits off what *might* be a priceless relic; ... I was referring to the guy who brought up objections in the first place. ...
    (talk.origins)