Re: Rooting FreeBSD , Privilege Escalation using Jails (P??????tur)

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 09:12:49PM -0400, Jason Hellenthal wrote:

Jamie,
Tip: Quick way to lock your system down to only root: ( chmod g= / )
***Emergency Use Only**** "molly guard not present" "slippery when throbbed"

Side effect of that is its not really nice for processes
that run with lower privileges and isn't always apparent why things are
not working correctly so its best to just use nologin or drop to SU.

It used to confuzzle sysadmins on SUNos when the mount point was
0700. The underlying mode disapeared when the mount was made, but it
was still being enforced. Suddenly no one but root could use say /usr
even though it was apparently 0755

- Diane
--
- db@xxxxxxxxxxx db@xxxxxx http://www.db.net/~db
Why leave money to our children if we don't leave them the Earth?

  • Re: What astromony can do
    ... apparent daily return of the Sun by appealing to a hypothetical ... are on an orbitally moving Earth leaves the realisation that you are ... retrogrades as all astronomers,geocentric and heliocentric would have ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: ON THE CO-DEPENDENCE OF TIME DILATION, SUPERLUMINAL VELOCITIES, AND RELATIVISTIC MASS
    ... Now if we see this apparent speed of 9 times the speed of light, ... agree that the space ship should also see us approaching at apparently ... He WAS 9 light years distant from earth, ... in total the earth will appear to move in from a much greater distance. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Alaxender luthor
    ... it out into rec.arts.comics.dc.universe's bowl: ... > To the best of my knowledge, Earth-Prime drifted away from its apparent ... > initial concept and is no longer supposed to be "our" Earth. ... > "Our" Earth may be the one where Superman once met Julius Schwartz and ...
    (rec.arts.comics.dc.universe)
  • Re: Carbon-14 fallacy in dating
    ... is a trivial matter that is easily remedied with a little reading. ... What is more serious is your apparent *need* to believe the Earth is ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Societies with no privacy
    ... with one part a highly private planet, and the other an Earth with no ... privacy - it was apparent which one he was comfortable with. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)