Re: limiting pop access to gmail servers ?

Hi,

BUT, I suspect there are a LOT of possible IPs that google will use to pop
mail
from us ...

You are right about that. According to my pop logs, my servers have
encounter about 1000 different IPs from google (920 actually).
Domain names are always like mail-[a-z][a-z][0-9]-[a-z][0-9][0-9]*.
google.com
By the way, I'm in europe, I'm not sure USA, Australia or Japan would see
the same gmail POP clients.

You can make active checks for incoming connections. If reverse DNS record
is valid (ip -> resolves to name -> resolves to same ip) and it matches '.*
google.com$' regexp, then it is Google.

--
Олег Петрачев

  • Re: If you have a website.....
    ... be of interest if you have a website... ... referenced the captured IPs against IPs captured by honeypots. ... spam and any BBs also seem to collect spam posts. ... Google is also probing everything. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Word: atavistic
    ... Oaken Coates wrote: ... >>> or is it neutral to your ears? ... >>I don't encounter it much, and Google shows that it isn't used much ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Firepower switch stuck
    ... thanks for posting the eventual resolution. ... Some poor chap will ... encounter the same issue sometime down the road but you will have ... saved him since "google is forever". ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Liar Of The Day!!!!!! SilenNigger (Registered Sex Offender) Is A Proven Liar - #022
    ... Google search to find open IPs that had been 'sniffed' ... IP on a server and then 'appear' to be coming 'from' that Server's IP. ... The other victims of SilentOtto's crime spree will do or not ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Liar Of The Day!!!!!! SilentNiggerOtto Is A Registered Sex Offender And Proven Liar - #022