Re: bad email address

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:41:34AM -0400, Paul Blazejowski wrote:
doesn't mailman unsubscribe an email automatically after a couple of
bounces? unless freebsd list is not configured to do so...

That's only if the bounce message reaches mailman. In this case,
the culprit is a mail bouncing agent (MBA? ;) which addresses
the bounce to the original sender (the one from the From header)
instead of *any* of the other possible addresses present in
mailman-generated messages that would do the right thing.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev roam@xxxxxxxxxxx roam@xxxxxxxxxxx peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PGP key: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~roam/roam.key.asc

  • Re: extracting email address out of message body
    ... your vba worked virtually flawlessly. ... as the majority of bounce ... instead of a separate bounce message per address in that domain. ... I am seeing that a lot of these bounces use some kind of character that ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: RELEASED Mailman 2.1.5
    ... > Today I am releasing Mailman 2.1.5, a bug fix release that also contains ... using the text pickle format. ... > a list of all objects found in the pickle file. ... > - The bounce processor has been redesigned so that now when an address's ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: mailing list
    ... >of the last bounce message we've received from all addresses. ... All they can tell me is that the "standard spam filter" ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Sending Email using ActiveX Script task
    ... When a message is bounced, the receiving server will send the bounce message to whatever address is in the From: ... Set oMail = CreateObject ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Rejecting viruses the Right Way[tm]
    ... >> which server is sending the bounce message. ... Same with spam, it is the actual spammer who will get the rejection. ...
    (Debian-User)