Re: bad email address

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 05:10:41PM -0400, Robert Simmons wrote:
Every time I send a message to this list, I get a bounced email reply
from some Russian exchange server for email address xlino@xxxxxxxxxxx
Is there an admin or a moderator for this list that can remove that
email address from the list?

I suggest forwarding an example of the bounce message to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx

Gotta love mail systems that ignore RFCs and bounce to the header
sender rather than the envelope sender

Regards,

Gary

  • Re: Relaying Denied when user unknown
    ... Joseph Brennan wrote: ... Sendmail tries to bounce the mails. ... It should not be mailing a bounce at all. ... The log shows the envelope sender, ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: bad email address
    ... I suggest forwarding an example of the bounce message to ... Gotta love mail systems that ignore RFCs and bounce to the header ... sender rather than the envelope sender ... Ive forwarded messages about these to postmaster@ before for these ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • RE: Is predictable spam filtering a vulnerability? (silently drop ping messages)
    ... > There needs to be a way for an SMTP server to correlate a bounce ... SPF helps halfway -- if you check the SPF record and the message comes from ... adding a short crypto hash to the envelope sender address of each message. ... Google for 'signed envelope sender' for more info. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Relaying Denied when user unknown
    ... When I receive mail from an external domain for a non-exising user, ... Sendmail tries to bounce the mails. ... It should not be mailing a bounce at all. ... The log shows the envelope sender, ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: SMPT broken for about 19 years
    ... Forwarding was broken by RFC 1123 5.3.6about 19 years ago. ... If folks think it belongs here, cool, but it's not really an SCO specific issue. ... which is that the "bounce" address for a message ... well integrated yet with major SMTP servers. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)