nessus would not compile under 8.1

hi gurus:

tried to install nessus and it would not compile:

===> Configuring for nessus-libraries-2.2.9_1
* W a r n i n g *
* *
* Nessus needs Berkeley Packet Filter (bpf). *
* To use nessus, your kernel must be rebuilt with bpf, *
* and make bpf devices on /dev directory. *
* *
* Be sure to build as many bpf devices as you need. *
* For more info on this read files/README.BPF *
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/nessus-libraries.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/nessus-libnasl.
*** Error code 1

my bpf is enabled in kernel:

user@host:/usr/ports/security/nessus:$ ls -al /dev/bpf*
crw------- 1 root wheel 0, 24 Feb 18 12:36 /dev/bpf
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 3 Feb 18 12:36 /dev/bpf0 -> bpf

and i could not find this README>BPF:

user@host:/usr/ports/security/nessus:$ more files/README.BPF
files/README.BPF: No such file or directory

my tcpdump and tshark work fine so it should not be bpf issue. any ideas?

thanks

  • Re: Trying to build Nessus 4 from ports
    ... Be sure to build as many bpf devices as you need. ... perm bpf0 0640 ... Previous to trying to build nessus from ports I built a new kernel with - ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: BPF_MISC+BPF_COP and BPF_COPX
    ... I get no choice - it is in the kernel by default. ... There is no default coprocessor. ... It is important to understand what BPF is before making changes to it. ... The coprocessor support provides offloading capability. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Trying to build Nessus 4 from ports
    ... To use nessus, your kernel must be rebuilt with bpf, * ... Be sure to build as many bpf devices as you need. ... *** Error code 1 ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: BPF_MISC+BPF_COP and BPF_COPX
    ... I get no choice - it is in the kernel by default. ... bpf_set_copand those instructions will effectively be NOPs. ... It's not about calling a function, it is about proving the BPF ... It still calls some "external reference" ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • nessus would not compile under 8.1 (fwd)
    ... nessus would not compile under 8.1 ... To use nessus, your kernel must be rebuilt with bpf, * ... Be sure to build as many bpf devices as you need. ... *** Error code 1 ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)