Re: Add SHA-256/512 hash algorithm to crypt(3) (kern/124164)

David Magda writes:
On Jan 30, 2011, at 04:55, Mark Murray wrote:

David Magda writes:
Is there any chance that kern/124164 [1] could be looked at? The
included patch has been updated by KIMURA Yasuhiro for 8.1R, and so
hopefully would be okay for 8.3R (and maybe even -CURRENT).

I've taken this. It will go in CURRENT first. 8.3 seems like a
reasonable later merge.

Awesome! Thanks.

No problemo.

Just as a first cut, I'm going to "FreeBSD-ify" the code, to get it
up to our style(9) standards. Apart from stylistic issues, we already
have SHA256 and SHA512 in our libraries, and they don't have alignment
issues, So I'll use them instead. You've donated to code to "public
domain"; any objection if I make this a BSD 2-clause license with
FreeBSD as the copyright holder? Many places have weird problems with
the concept of "public domain", and 2-clause BSD is pretty darned close.

Mark R V Murray
Cert APS(Open) Dip Phys(Open) BSc Open(Open) BSc(Hons)(Open)
Pi: 132511160

  • Re: Fastcode License
    ... > reading a long licence text and restrict them in using your code if the ... give it away into the public domain as a one-shot affair. ... With BSD there is no notion of "ownership" of the code, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.language.basm)
  • Re: Abstractions
    ... especially if it comes under a reasonably liberal license ... like BSD or LLGPL. ... Releasing the work to the public domain means I have forfeited all my ... Which countries are those exactly? ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Abstractions
    ... especially if it comes under a reasonably liberal license ... like BSD or LLGPL. ... and your heirs until 70 years after your death. ... Releasing the work to the public domain means I have forfeited all my ...