Re: Allegations regarding OpenBSD IPSEC

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Johan van Selst <johans@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andy Kosela wrote:
Some of you probably already read this:
 http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129236621626462&w=2

Then also read Jason Wright's response and clear denial:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129244045916861&w=2

Would you publically say: "yes, I was on the FBI payroll and planted
those backdoors". Let's be honest here. We need to witness what Greg
Perry has more to say about this. If he claims this is true I guess
he still got the code for that -- let him publish it or at least point
us in the right direction in the OpenBSD source code.

Even if this is all false, hypothetically it is not that hard to plant
such a backdoor in the Open Source project, not to say that it would
be even easier to do that in closed source project.

http://judiciary.senate.gov/pdf/11-17-09%20Schaeffer%20Testimony.pdf

Some of the similar cases are actually somewhat documented -- this is
from the same period (around '99) and concerns NSA and M$:

http://cypherspace.org/adam/hacks/ms-nsa-key.html