Re: Our aging base system krb5 [heimdal]

(And yes, this is a bit of an irony considering that I used to be the
maintainer of the base-system Kerberos code in the long-ago krb4
days. But my job requires me to administer MIT Kerberos, so I need
the MIT kadmin utility and not the Heimdal one.)

Aren't the reasons for the Heimdal distribution moot these days?

Beyond that, Free is one of the few UNIXen I cannot talk to (or from!) using Kerberos for things like SSH, rlogin, rdist, etc. We're woefully behind Solaris, Linux, even Windows, when it comes to integrated GSSAPI/K5 SSO authentication.

--lyndon

  • Re: Our aging base system krb5 [heimdal]
    ... maintainer of the base-system Kerberos code in the long-ago krb4 ... But my job requires me to administer MIT Kerberos, ... the MIT kadmin utility and not the Heimdal one.) ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Our aging base system heimdal
    ... I would love for it to go away entirely, and those base-system ... components that depend on it to learn how to use either Kerberos ... maintainer of the base-system Kerberos code in the long-ago krb4 ... But my job requires me to administer MIT Kerberos, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Our aging base system heimdal
    ... I would love for it to go away entirely, and those base-system ... components that depend on it to learn how to use either Kerberos ... maintainer of the base-system Kerberos code in the long-ago krb4 ... But my job requires me to administer MIT Kerberos, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Our aging base system heimdal
    ... Any chance the kadmin protocol will ever be standardized? ... components that depend on it to learn how to use either Kerberos ... implementation from ports. ... But my job requires me to administer MIT Kerberos, ...