Re: ftp passive mode

In message <111263.90106.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
gahn (ipfreak@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

I am behind firewall and only pass ftp sessions are allowed. With
that, most ftp sessions of portupgrade would not be able to connect to
remote FreeBSD sites.

Could I reconfigure the my FreeBSD 7.3 in a way so that it would only
start ftp sessions in PASV mode?

The on-line handbook in section 4.5.2 'Installing Ports' says:

The ports system uses fetch(1) to download the files, which honors
various environment variables, including FTP_PASSIVE_MODE, FTP_PROXY,
and FTP_PASSWORD.

So try setting FTP_PASSIVE_MODE in your environment.

man ports and man fetch may also be worth a read.

Cheers,
Nick.