Re: ftp passive mode

gahn <ipfreak@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I am behind firewall and only pass ftp sessions are allowed. With that, most ftp sessions of portupgrade would not be able to connect to remote FreeBSD sites.

Could I reconfigure the my FreeBSD 7.3 in a way so that it would only start ftp sessions in PASV mode?

That should already be the default; FETCH_ARGS should be set to "-ApRr"
in /etc/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk (the 'p' option is what means "passive"
mode). It certainly works for me, and has for many years. You can test
by setting FTP_PASSIVE_MODE (to anything *except* "no") in the environment.