kern.randompid sysctl value

HI,

1. ¿What's the real value (in terms of security) of the random PIDs feature?

According to this book

http://books.google.es/books?id=gqKwaHmXp4YC&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq=random+pids+security&source=bl&ots=jimAeOQK2Q&sig=WrsBiMAxU-lUCM3pdCjtIYfmiIo&hl=es&ei=OwVoS4nwGMeOjAek5ZCvCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CCsQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=random%20pids%20security&f=false

I understand that the random PIDs wil be a good security measure against some exploits (books says "race conditions"). OpenBSD folks (focused on security) have the random PIDs by defaul, so

¿why Freebsd don't use it by default?

2. ¿What will be a real secure value for sysctl parameter? I mean 'kern.randompid' isn't a boolean, but a large number which determines the numeric range to generate de random PIDs. ¿1000, 10000, 100000?

Thanks in advance for aclarations.

PD. I've real this old post http://marc.info/?l=freebsd-security&m=99495048923300&w=2. Interesting.

--
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.