Re: security scripts diff

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 04:40:03PM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 03:13:39AM +0300, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
Dear colleagues,

looking at regular security mails I found that foloowing patch would greatly
desreases amount of false positive reports; it's totally possible I'm missing
some vital areas, but my current look at security scripts did not reveal any.

What do you think? Thank you in advance.

I think maybe -b ("Ignore changes in the amount of white space.") might
be better than -w ("Ignore all white space."), as the presence or
absence of *some* white space can be a signifant difference (e.g., to a
non-FORTRAN IV parser).

I've always disliked the feature which lists unchanged files on security
emails (100.chksetuid). I've created a patch some time ago.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=conf/119464

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."