Re: Upcoming FreeBSD Security Advisory
- From: pluknet <pluknet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 00:10:25 +0300
2009/12/1 Roberto Nunnari <roberto.nunnari@xxxxxxxx>:
Julian H. Stacey ha scritto:
From: Jan Muenther <jan.muenther@xxxxxxxxx>
I'd be greatly surprised if the affected code looked different in 6.x.
There is No unsetenv in 6.2-RELEASE/src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.
There Is unsetenv in 6.-RELEASE/src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.
I just checked it out, and on 6.4 the script doesn't work.
$ uname -rms
FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE-p7 i386
Because in 6.x *env() uses legacy Berkeley implementation, while 7+
uses its own one.
freebsd-security@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-security-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Increase in SSH attacks as of announcement of rtld bug
- Next by Date: Re: Increase in SSH attacks as of announcement of rtld bug
- Previous by thread: Re: Upcoming FreeBSD Security Advisory
- Next by thread: Re: Upcoming FreeBSD Security Advisory