FreeBSD equivalent to Sun crypto framework APIs (PKCS#11) (for hardware AES-CTR)

There are a number of hardware solutions for performing AES-CTR in hardware - for example the broadcom BCM5825, which is supported by the ubsec driver.

The problem is that OpenSSL does not currently support hardware acceleration of AES-CTR. The solution on a Sun system is to use the Sun crypto framework APIs (PKCS#11) which does support AES-CTR in hardware.

Is there an analagous API in FreeBSD that I could implement in my code so as to use the hardware AES-CTR of devices supported by ubsec ?

Or do I need to directly manipulate ubsec with my actual application in order to do this ?