Re: openssh concerns

Personally I tend to either firewall the OpenSSH daemon, or leave it
wide open. I don't really see the point in changing ports, as long as
they are still publicly available.

The ssh bots only seem to probe port 22. In well over a year of
running my ssh servers on a different (very low numbered) port I
haven't logged a single probe (across about a dozen highly visible
servers).

--lyndon

  • Re: Known hosts file and host with multiple SSH ports
    ... > I have an IP address with multiple SSH servers running on several ... which was created while accessing the other port. ... > Are there any suggestions, other than editing the known hosts file, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Known hosts file and host with multiple SSH ports
    ... I have an IP address with multiple SSH servers running on several ... which was created while accessing the other port. ... Are there any suggestions, other than editing the known hosts file, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Two NICs. two SSH servers
    ... two SSH servers, each bound to a different NIC and on a different port? ... The ListenAddress parameter in your config file defines which address ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Sockets, port and loop-back ?
    ... But URLs allow you to specify the port as well as the IP address ... the web server, You can configure this server (that listens on only ... and a router at 123.123.123.123 that masquerades Your subnet ... and You want to have ssh servers on both that are ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: shutting down dictionary attacks
    ... It would also be useful to run the daemon on a different port than 22. ... This will probably throw 90% of the people scanning for ssh servers ...
    (SSH)