Security advisory scheduling
- From: FreeBSD Security Officer <cperciva@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:18:37 -0700
Just to head off any complaints: Yes, a security advisory just went out, and
yes, I do know that Monday morning (for UTC and further east) / Sunday afternoon
(west of UTC) is not the most convenient time for you to be patching systems.
Unfortunately, this issue was announced publicly at CanSecWest -- unlike most
security issues, we didn't get any advance notice of this. When issues have not
yet been publicly announced we try to aim to send out advisories on Wednesdays;
but in cases like this when an issue is already public we don't want to delay
any more than necessary.
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid
freebsd-security@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-security-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: FreeBSD Security Advisory FreeBSD-SA-09:06.ktimer
- Next by Date: DNS of FreeBSD.org been Attacked!?
- Previous by thread: FreeBSD Security Advisory FreeBSD-SA-09:06.ktimer
- Next by thread: DNS of FreeBSD.org been Attacked!?