Security advisory scheduling

Just to head off any complaints: Yes, a security advisory just went out, and
yes, I do know that Monday morning (for UTC and further east) / Sunday afternoon
(west of UTC) is not the most convenient time for you to be patching systems.

Unfortunately, this issue was announced publicly at CanSecWest -- unlike most
security issues, we didn't get any advance notice of this. When issues have not
yet been publicly announced we try to aim to send out advisories on Wednesdays;
but in cases like this when an issue is already public we don't want to delay
any more than necessary.

Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | | Online backups for the truly paranoid
freebsd-security@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list