Re: emacs installs a lot of 777 directories

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:31:21 +0100, Eirik Øverby <ltning@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 16. mars. 2009, at 00.50, freebsd001@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear Giorgos,
thank you for coming back to the emacs issue. I deinstalled
emacs by means of pkg_delete -v -d, deleted by hand
/usr/local/share/emacs to make sure that nothing is left,
logged in as user "nutzer", and did su to root:

id
uid=1006(nutzer) gid=1000(user) groups=1000(user),0(wheel)
su
Password:

Try 'su -' instead of 'su'.
There might be some environment issues; I've seen similar behavior
when making that mistake myself.

This is correct. `su -' should be preferred when installing stuff :)

Absolutely - but I can't find where it(7) actually says that?