Re: ipfw and carp

Sorry I meant the same rules I used on another machine (working fine) would not work for those machines with CARP activated.

I didn't change anything except IP addresses. Also instead of physical interfaces, I put rules on carp interface.

--- On Tue, 3/17/09, gahn <ipfreak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: gahn <ipfreak@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ipfw and carp
To: "freebsd security" <freebsd-security@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "freebsd general questions" <freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hi all:

Did any one use ipfw with CARP before? is there anything
specific about ipfw configurations working with CARP? I have
two servers and they configured with CARP. they are working
fine except i can't turn on ipfw.

I have the exact same configuration except ip addresses;
those same rule sets of ipfw work on one server but not on
another.

Thanks all

  • ipfw and carp
    ... Did any one use ipfw with CARP before? ... is there anything specific about ipfw configurations working with CARP? ... I have two servers and they configured with CARP. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • ipfw and carp
    ... Did any one use ipfw with CARP before? ... is there anything specific about ipfw configurations working with CARP? ... I have two servers and they configured with CARP. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • ipfw and carp problems
    ... I have a small problem with ipfw an carp. ... i have two server with two carp ips and a firewall via ipfw. ... My problem is that my setup need a new server do come up as backup ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Fwd: carp + ipfw problem
    ... Subject: carp + ipfw problem ... I'm trying to configure a firewall with carp + ipfw, ... # ifconfig fxp1 ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • RE: Dummynet,VLAN and CARP broken??
    ... I found out that you still need to let carp packets through even though ... So ipfw add 1 allow carp from any to any ... ipfw queue 1 config pipe 100 weight 100 ... This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees named above ...
    (freebsd-isp)