Re: ports/128999: [vuxml] [patch] update audio/streamripper to 1.64.0, fix CVE-2008-4829

2008/11/24 Volker <volker@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On 11/24/08 19:55, William Palfreman wrote:
2008/11/23 <miwi@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Synopsis: [vuxml] [patch] update audio/streamripper to 1.64.0, fix CVE-2008-4829

Can we not have these on the freebsd-secuirty list please? I
subscribe to freebsd-security to get security alerts, not to get
emails every time a port is changed.

William Palfreman

You should better head over to security-advisories@ if you're only
interested in SA's. Claiming about reading security related issues on a
security mailing list sounds like fun.

I appreciate Eygenes' work.

That's nice. I am sure it is very useful on the ports mailinglist
where it belongs. I also greatly enjoy the frequent interesting and
informed discussion on the security mailinglist - of which Eirik
Overby's thread recently about syn+fin is one example. But all these
ports announcements, raw patches, garbled html etc. I could really do
without. It is why there are separate lists.

  • Re: keeping my freebsd secure...
    ... I need to follow the security advisories to see if there are ... lists are likely to see issues appear from various places. ... > how do I update my ports without breaking anything and without downtime ... > ports or only this one (will php break if I won't upgrade it)? ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: ports/128999: [vuxml] [patch] update audio/streamripper to 1.64.0, fix CVE-2008-4829
    ... ports announcements, raw patches, garbled html etc. ... It is why there are separate lists. ... These ports security issues ... Including every single obliquely security related port commit ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: ports/128999: [vuxml] [patch] update audio/streamripper to 1.64.0, fix CVE-2008-4829
    ... subscribe to freebsd-security to get security alerts, ... emails every time a port is changed. ... I am sure it is very useful on the ports mailinglist ... It is why there are separate lists. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: keeping my freebsd secure...
    ... I need to follow the security advisories to see if there are ... > lists are likely to see issues appear from various places. ... >> how do I update my ports without breaking anything and without downtime ... I've tried to upgrade with portupgrade the three packages that according ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • OT: What will he do next?
    ... That was National Security. ... President Bush said Tuesday that a deal allowing an Arab company to take ... Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist urged the administration to ... Ports World, a state-owned business in the United Arab Emirates. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)